This is different to any quilt I have ever quilted. I quilted around the photo blocks and put the binding on. Judy made this for her father.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
None perfect no not one. Here's the Victory Block. Wow! was I sweatin this one. Don't look like it would be so hard since it doesn't have to many pieces but I it is harder to match up than you think. Only ripped out a small portion in the center. The background is mostly bias pieces and I didn't want it to strech by ripping out. I will live with the unmatched V. Also in the very center they are a lot of thickness but it is laying flat. Eleanor said not to use steam on this block but I couldn't help myself and used just one time after it was laying flat.
This is a first quilt for Phyllis's daughter. She did a very good job for a first quilt. Her seams were consistant, pressing was very good and also points matching. I just love the colors in this quilt. It amazes me for a first quilt to be so big.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Just finished the binding on Kay's Stars & Hearts flannel quilt. This was number 100 quilt that I have quilted on my Pinnacle Frame with the Janome 1600P machine. I had the Flannel one quilted on Monday but just now finishing the hand sewn binding. I have been sewing the binding on the machine but I cut the binding 2 1/4" and thought I messed up and it wouldn't be wide enough once it was folded but it would have been alright. Looks like Kay gets a special deal on this one since it was my fault. It looks much better by hand and I have enjoyed sitting and sewing.
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Gretta's Christmas Wall Hanging is finally finished. Just finished hand binding and adding a sleeve to it. I have had this since November. The backing was about 2 inches to small and she had to get another backing, also my machine was in the shop. I just love the look of a binding done by hand.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Finished another Teacher's Pet for Martha. She made this one for her brother for a wedding gift. This was a large one. It measured 78" x 93". I quilted it from top to bottom whereas I usually like to put them on the frame sideways to keep from having to roll as many times and also to keep the bulk in the throat from being so big. I always like to attach the backing on the frame with the selvage ends. I feel I can get them on the frame straighter.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
Yesterday evening I finished two more of the Victory Quilt blocks, Fala and the Silent Star. I still have to make Fala an eye, mouth and tongue. I didn't get them posted cause I started quilting the quilt that was on my frame. I had it half finished the other day when the electric went off and just now getting back to it. I am sewing the binding on it now. Just finished making a pillow case for it.