Saturday, June 21, 2008

Farm & Field Day


We had such good time at Farm & Fied Day, held Friday, June 20, 2008. It was held at Blaine Community Park, Blaine, Ky, which is located beside The Last Dollar Holler Farm owned by Butch & Debbie Smith.

    Displays & Exhibits included:
  • Goat Milking Demonstration
  • Tree ID Course with Kentucky Division of Forestry
  • Horse Shoeing
  • Bee and Hive Core
  • Master Gardeners
  • Farmer's Market
  • Twining of Rugs
  • Chair Weaving
  • Twilling Embroidery
  • Quilting Demonstrations
  • Sun Safety
  • Lung Cancer Awareness
  • Health Screenings By Three Rivers Medical Center
  • Dessert Judging Contest along with Dinner at 6:00pm



The weather was perfect. I displayed quilts and passed out pamplets on Basic Quilting, Applique, Binding, etc. My husband helped me set things up. They had post set for volleyball net and he streched a rope for us to hang the quilts. I took some quilts that I had quilted for some of the girls and also some tops I have to quilt and some of my quilts. We were about 1500 feet from Route 32 and everyone that came in said it looked like a post card picture. The wind blew and it reminded me of the times when my grandmother would hang clothes on the line and the wind would blow them dry. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

Ernistine demonstrated twilling, which is an embrodery stitch. Alma and Ernie also taught chair webbing. Dianne Gauze taught rug twinning.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

How beautiful that photo is!!! I had planned on going but I spent most of the day trying to pick up mom from work. So many beautiful quilt and only about 15 minutes from my house....
Kristie

Amelia said...

I am sure fun could have been had there...the quilts do look wonderful swinging in the wind....like a flag waving for people to come in and investigate.