Saturday, October 25, 2008

Annual Area Homemakers Meeting


Friday, Oct. 24, 2008, was our Annual Homemakers Meeting held at Greenbo Lake State Resort Park. They were about 18 from our county that attended. We all had a Great Time! Our speaker was EllyenAnne Geisel from Pueblo, Colorado. She is called the Apron Lady after being the author of The Apron Book. She put on a very good show. She showed lots of aprons she had collected during the years of 1999 to the present and told stories of each apron and how she became addicted to aprons. I think the aprons to her as quilts are to us quilters, just can't think nothing else. A friend had gotten me one of her books a couple of years ago and I took it with me to have EllynAnne to sign it. The book means a lot to me not only because she signed it but mostly that Stephanie got it for me. Some of us took our Cutural Arts items that won first place at the county in March. They were about 8 of the girls won first place on some of their items. I had about 4 items and all ranked from 2nd and 3rd place. I encourage each one that can to join the Homemaker group in your area. Just call your Extension agent to find out the dates to meet. We learn so much that we can pass on to others.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

How nice that you got your book signed! Sounds like you all had a wonderful time!
Kristie