I haven't been keeping up with blogging but haven't been doing much either. The last couple of days I put a quilt in the frame and been doing a row a day on it. I hope I got till Christmas to get it done. LOL It has been so much rain and so dreary I just haven't been in the mood for quilting. This quilt is for couple and the husband made it all by himself. I hope to get in more of a mood to finish it.
This quilt is one I started some time back. I had a piece of material that I really liked but it has polyester in it. Well I had some embroidery designs that I wanted to practice with. I ended up making the blocks for this quilt. I guess it will last as long as it will last. I cut the sashing and cornerstones yesterday and got it together today.
This is a applique wall hanging that I started last year at camp, which I talked about in last post. I found out with this class that I don't have that much interest in applique. I ended up sewing the flower pedals on non-woven interfacing and turning them. I did the stem and the leaves as the teacher said and also the flower middle. I just don't like working with mylar and starching and ironing those edges down. I put the binding on it today. I still have some quilting left to do to it. I Know most people do that before the binding but especially on small things I do it backwards.
Been making a Braided border for another quilt for a month now. I just like trying different things. Martha and I had talked about doing this for awhile and I got started on it and hope to eventually get these long enough to go around a top I have put together.