Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aunt Betty's Attic

Well, Aunt Betty's Attic has been in the making for about 2 years now. A couple friends from extension service and I took this class at Camp Caleb about 2 years ago, Oct. 2006. It was suppose to be a small lapsize. Stephanie made hers the Finished Size 47 1/2" x 58". She finished hers and gave it to her mother for 2007 Christmas. She always picks such pretty colors.

Ernie made hers 55" X 85", well one of hers. I told her we were suppose to make 2 times what we were suppose to and she had lots of background pieces left. That called for another quilt. I just finished quilting this one last night or at 3 this morning. Still have the binding to do by hand. Got it sewin on. I am going to take it to work with me tomorrow and do that. Did the loop de loop on it for practice. I think Ernie will understand. She is easy to please.

This is the first one that Ernie made. I think she gave it to her daughter. Don't know what she will do with this one, maybe she will give it to me for my birthday. hehe

And mine, I most always make a queen size. A friend at church had given me some fabric her mother had from years ago. I finished the top Jan. 2007 but not quilted it yet. I need to get around to doing that shortly.


Gina said...

Lovely Quilts

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amelia said...

This pattern always produces such wonderful quilts. Love the colors in each of them.

Amelia - from Oklahoma

Kristie said...

I really like the pattern!!! They look really old-fashion!!