Thursday, August 14, 2008

Aunt Betty's Attic

Well, Aunt Betty's Attic has been in the making for about 2 years now. A couple friends from extension service and I took this class at Camp Caleb about 2 years ago, Oct. 2006. It was suppose to be a small lapsize. Stephanie made hers the Finished Size 47 1/2" x 58". She finished hers and gave it to her mother for 2007 Christmas. She always picks such pretty colors.


Ernie made hers 55" X 85", well one of hers. I told her we were suppose to make 2 times what we were suppose to and she had lots of background pieces left. That called for another quilt. I just finished quilting this one last night or at 3 this morning. Still have the binding to do by hand. Got it sewin on. I am going to take it to work with me tomorrow and do that. Did the loop de loop on it for practice. I think Ernie will understand. She is easy to please.


This is the first one that Ernie made. I think she gave it to her daughter. Don't know what she will do with this one, maybe she will give it to me for my birthday. hehe

And mine, I most always make a queen size. A friend at church had given me some fabric her mother had from years ago. I finished the top Jan. 2007 but not quilted it yet. I need to get around to doing that shortly.

3 comments:

Gina said...

Lovely Quilts

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Amelia said...

This pattern always produces such wonderful quilts. Love the colors in each of them.

Amelia - from Oklahoma

Kristie said...

I really like the pattern!!! They look really old-fashion!!
Kristie