Monday, August 25, 2008

Quilt Guild Today


Went to Quilt Guild today. We are doing 4-Patch Stacked Posies, designed by Mary Lou hallenbeck. It is a fun block to make. After getting them cut it is very interesting how they look. I am laying down on my job. Didn't take a picture not one today at the meeting. I got all blocks cut, I think about 36 and got 5 sewn together and 4 at home.

I have 28 of these Thimbleberry blocks that I did when I first started quilting. I didn't do the best of a job with them but still going to put them in a quilt.The pattern called for fussy cut blocks of the daisy blocks. I put a couple of them together and was not pleased with the look and put them back until now. I thought I would use this for the Stack and Whack and that way I would be completing a UFO, plus participating with the class. We have one of the best guilds in Eastern Ky. We have a very good teacher that is so patient with us and we appreciate her very much. She works very hard preparing for the classes. She and her mom makes one or two, maybe more of each quilt she teaches so we can see how they look. I think that is so neat for mother and daughter to quilt together. I wish my daughter had the interest in quilting and the time.

We put together a baby quilt for her friend once. She works two jobs and attends classes and that takes up most of her time. She is very active in her professions, EMT and Massage Therapist. After Guild meeting I came home and fixed my step son a birthday dinner. His birthday isn't till Wednesday but he has to work. We all had a good visit.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Your blocks look very pretty! I'm sorry that I missed the meeting but my back was out. It is a little better but now back to normal yet. So were the blocks hard to cut out?? Your daughter is very pretty!
Kristie

Amelia said...

The daisy blocks took on a whole new look with the cutting and placement. Will be exciting to see how the quilt turns out.

Have a great week.