Saturday, August 16, 2008

Bindings


On Friday I finished the binding on Ernie's Aunt Betty's Attic. Also sewed the binding on her mystery quilt. I think I will handstitch it Monday at work if I can keep from doing it before cause I already got one corner sewn down. I always love to finish the bindings cause that is the last step to a finished project. My! what a good feeling to have something finished!

I also sewed the binding on a quilted baby panel for Debbie. I sewed the binding on it on the back side and turned it to the right side and sewed it down by machine. She likes for me to sew baby quilts on machine because they are washed frequently and wear better. She had bought the material and got me to bind two other panels the other day and had enough binding left from them to do more. She went back and bought another panel. I can't believe how the material matched so perfectly.

I haven't done to much sewing. My neighbor wanted me to sew a couple pillow forms to make large pillows for the kids. I also got another baby quilt on the frame and got one row quilted. Most of the day have been spent with the grandkids. I cooked Lionel's birthday dinner today so the grandkids could be here for dinner. His birthday is Monday.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Your bindings always look so nice! Those quilts are beautiful!

Happy birthday to your hubby!!! Where do you work??
Kristie