Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Split Nine Patch


I needed a baby quilt for my neice's shower on Saturday. I am not usually this late doing things but have been working more lately and haven't had time to put one together. I always try to get the quilts quilted when someone brings one to me before I do my projects. I had some of the blocks cut this morning. I cut more and sewed it all together and quilted it before 9:30pm and didn't start till noon. That is the fastest I ever done one. I had found the split nine patch instructions on someones blog the other day and decided to try it, thing is, I only read to the cutting the block in half. Now I can't find the blog again. I don't know how they layed them out but I just spaced them randomly. I have had fun with this one.

2 comments:

Candace said...

I love your new baby quilt. Fast didn't sacrifice cute at all. By the way, I have the Janome 760, and I haven't had any problems with it scooting around. I like it a lot.

Kristie said...

Your new quilt looks wonderful!!!! Is that something like Sandy talked about the guild doing?? I really like how yours turned out.
Kristie